Funerals & Sorry Business
Funerals and Sorry Business are culturally important to our mob, but it is also important to make sure Elders and other sick people in our communities are kept safe.
Can I have all my family at a funeral now?
- There are still restrictions on the number of people that can attend a funeral.
- From 24 April there is a 100 person limit at funerals.
- You can involve others by using video and live streaming from your phone or iPad.
- People should keep their distance from each other at the funeral.
- Talk to your mob about different ways to hold the service and burial while restrictions are in place.
- If you need financial support for a funeral, the Department of Communities may be able to help. You can call them on 1800 854 925 to talk about what you need
- Department of Health guide for Sorry Business
Some funerals have already happened in Pilbara communities where families have livestreamed the video through FaceTime/ Facebook live to include all family members.