Please note that the application cut-off date for Banjima programs is December 14. Our office will be closed from midday December 21 and will reopen at 9am, January 7.
It is recognised that indigenous people in Australia are in a unique situation of disadvantage due to a number of socioeconomic factors.
A Banjima Benefits Management Structure (BMS) has been created to hold and manage benefits for the Banjima People. Through the BMS a number of policies have been developed to assist with BNTAC’s Strategic Priorities and Vision of ensuring the Banjima People are healthy, secure and independent through the development of strong and healthy families, strong connection to culture and country and that Banjima people have the capacity to develop and maintain economic independence.
The distribution policies are detailed below.
In providing its Member Services BNTAC has committed to a set of service standards for members applying to access the Charitable Trust distribution policies.
BNTAC Member Service Standards
- BNTAC is committed to providing a positive and helpful service to members
- Applications will be acknowledged when they are received
- Applications will be reviewed within two business days and members informed whether the application can proceed or if further information is required
- Complete applications will be processed within 5 business days of receipt, please allow up to 2 business days for the money to arrive in the suppliers bank account
- Incomplete applications will be processed within 5 business days of being complete and required supporting information being provided
- The Members Services department will be open on from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, except public holidays and shut down periods
- If an application is declined and the member disagrees with the decision, they have the right to appeal against the decision in writing
Please note before they can be processed, applications must have been completed in full and all supporting documentation provided, the processing of applications and the five day turn around period will only start once the application has been completed.
During the two-day period outlined in service standard 3, BNTAC will contact you to confirm that the application received has been completed or advise that additional information is required.
To find out more about what you may be eligible to access please look below.