Banjima Funeral - MS Reference
- Please make sure you provide all the necessary supporting documentation so we can process your application quickly. Applications without supporting documentation may take twice as long to be approved.
Funeral assistance and support is available to Banjima people and immediate families towards the costs related with funerals and travel to attend. This support will help alleviate the financial burden associated with the costs of arranging a funeral.
Applications for Funeral travel require two business days notice. Please ensure applications are submitted by 5pm two business days before you need to travel.
What is covered;
- Burial, plots, headstone, casket
- Grave maintenance.
- Essentials (food-fuel)
- Funeral Clothing
For the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
Note; Cash payments and reimbursements cannot be paid to any beneficiary.
To be eligible for this assistance, an applicant must meet beneficiary criteria as follows:
- A registered Banjima beneficiary
- A registered Daisy beneficiary
- Birth Child registered under the above membership. (Funeral costs only).
- No allocations of funds can be transferred to another member
- As per clause 6.7 of the Trust Deed, the Trustee may not provide money or a money equivalent to individual beneficiaries. Payments will be made directly to the seller or service provider.
How to apply
- Download and complete the BCT Funeral application form (available here).
- Provide supporting evidence, such as:
- Funeral notice
- Quote or tax invoice (includes the seller’s Australian business number (ABN), what is being requested, its cost (including GST, if any) and date of issue).
- Birth Certificate (for under 18s) to show Birth Child relationship with Applicant
- Submit application by sending forms and evidence to Member Services by:
- You will be contacted by BNTAC with the outcome of your application.
- If you are not happy with the outcome, you can appeal a decision.