From June 15, Directions to restrict access to Remote Aboriginal Communities will be removed given the wider spread of COVID-19 across the State, and the lifting of the ban will allow communities to continue their operations in areas such as tourism, community stores, arts and cultural centres.
- More information for Remote Aboriginal communities (including messages in Language)
Is it safe for our Elders to leave the house?
- Older Aboriginal people have a higher risk of getting very sick with the coronavirus.
- It’s very important they continue to keep their distance from other people and keep washing their hands.
- Keep Elders away from other people who are sick, and if you feel sick, keep away from your Elders until you feel better.
- If your Elders are sick or have an illness, they should stay at home.