There are currently strict restrictions for people travelling in and out of remote Aboriginal communities in Western Australia. These restrictions will help protect communities from the spread of the virus:
- No-one can go into remote Aboriginal communities unless they are an essential worker or they are going there for work or school.
- More information for Remote Aboriginal communities (including messages in Language)
Is it safe for our Elders to leave the house?
- Older Aboriginal people have a higher risk of getting very sick with the coronavirus.
- It’s very important they continue to keep their distance from other people and keep washing their hands.
- Keep Elders away from other people who are sick, and if you feel sick, keep away from your Elders until you feel better.
- If your Elders are sick or have an illness, they should stay at home.
Can we go back to work?
- Most workplaces can open again if it is safe for their workers.
- You can go back to work if your boss says it’s ok.
- Don’t go back to work if you are sick.