Banjima Healthy Living Project
This project supports and assists with expenses towards the maintenance of a healthy standard of living.
If you would like to apply online, but haven't used our Member Portal before just give us a call and we'll set it up for you.
Improving the circumstances and conditions of daily life determines our health and wellbeing for current and future generations. Being included in the society in which one lives is vital to the material, psychosocial, and political empowerment that underpins social well-being and equitable health.
|Healthy Living Project||$ 3,300|
Note: Policy dates 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020. Cash payments and reimbursements cannot be paid to any beneficiary.
|Covered by the project|
|House hold expenses and everyday cost of living (bills, groceries, fuel)|
|Health & sports & recreational activities|
|Medical and dental costs (surgery, travel to appointments, mobility vehicles, but excluding cash for carers' costs)|
|House improvements including swimming pools, landscaping, rubbish removal Housing deposits|
|Mobile housing (such as caravans, camper trailers)|
|Day-care and afterschool care (excluding cash payments to carers)|
|Firearms for hunting (with valid licence and registration according to firearms laws and regulations)|
|Tools and equipment|
|Lore & Culture meetings|
|Education and training costs including lessons (e.g. music) and tuition and associated equipment|
|Car repairs and registration|
|Travel and accommodation costs related to travelling to and from meetings, conferences or Indigenous cultural events (additional to Trust community meetings)|
|IT - IT services, computers, laptops, software, hardware, tablets, i-pads, mobile phones, prepaid credit|
|Insurance costs (life, vehicle, house, travel, pet insurance)|
|TVs and DVDs|
|Housing/ Caravan Park rental, bond and mortgage payments|
|Household items (cooling and heating devices, whitegoods, cooking appliances, linen, furniture)|
|Purchase of vehicles, vehicle loan payments|
|Companion / pet purchase and costs|
|Lore & Culture meetings|
Exclusions: Cash payments (including for rent, boarding and credit cards), legal costs, fines/penalties/criminal related costs, dirt bikes/boats/jet skis, alcohol and tobacco products, gambling, celebrated events (weddings/birthdays etc), weapons, tax debt.
To be eligible for this assistance, an applicant must meet beneficiary criteria as follows:
- A registered Banjima beneficiary
- A registered Daisy beneficiary
- No allocations of funds can be transferred to another member
- As per clause 6.7 of the Trust Deed, the Trustee may not provide money or a money equivalent to individual beneficiaries. Payments will be made directly to the seller or service provider.
How to apply
- Log in to our new Member Portal and apply online
- Download and complete the BCT Healthy Living Project application form (see button above)
If you choose to download the form, please be sure to:
- Provide supporting evidence, such as:
- Quote or tax invoice (includes the seller’s Australian business number (ABN), what is being requested, its cost (including GST, if any) and date of issue)
- Submit application by sending forms and evidence to Member Services by:
- You will be contacted by BNTAC with the outcome of your application.
- If you are not happy with the outcome, you can appeal a decision.