1.3 Banjima Elderly, Disabled and Infirm
Support of the health and wellbeing needs of elderly (over 55-year-old), disabled and infirm Banjima beneficiaries and their dependents.
What is covered;
Occupational therapy mobility products, including (but not limited to)
- Mobility scooters
- Walking frames
- Walking sticks
Medical Equipment, including (but not limited to)
- Blood pressure monitors
- Hearing Aids.
Personal Care, including (but not limited to)
- Palliative Care.
Social/ Cultural Activities to increase engagement and participation, including (but not limited to):
- Inclusion in community social and cultural events
- Involvement in programs or classes like art, dance, or lore and culture ceremonies.
Vehicle repairs and maintenance (but not limited to):
- Car repairs
For the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
|Elderly, Disabled and Infirm Support||$7,000|
- No allocations of funds can be transferred to another member
- As per clause 6.7 of the Trust Deed, the Trustee may not provide money or a money equivalent to individual beneficiaries. Payments will be made directly to the seller or service provider.
To be eligible for this assistance, an applicant must meet beneficiary criteria as follows:
- Elderly (over 55-year-old) and/or disabled or infirm and either;
- A registered Banjima beneficiary
- A registered Daisy beneficiary
- Birth Child or dependent of a beneficiary registered under the above membership.
How to apply
- Download and complete the BCT Elderly, Disabled and Infirm application form (available here).
- Provide supporting evidence, such as:
- Evidence to support needs (e.g. support/referral letter from a healthcare professional or social worker). Documentation must be supplied to support all applications for products, equipment and services.
- Relevant Concession card, for example Elderly Pension, Disability & Infirm Pension, Carer's Pension
- Quote or tax invoice (includes the seller’s Australian business number (ABN), what is being requested, its cost (including GST, if any) and date of issue).
- Birth Certificate (for under 18s) to show Birth Child relationship with Applicant
- Submit application by sending forms and evidence to Member Services by:
- You will be contacted by BNTAC with the outcome of your application.
- If you are not happy with the outcome, you can appeal a decision.