1.8 Banjima Sponsorships and Donations
This policy was created to support local communities and individuals involved in youth and education, health and wellbeing, and arts and culture.
Sponsorship can be defined as a business relationship between a provider of funds, resources or services and an event or organisation which in return not only supports the achievement of charitable objects but also promotes community connectedness. Sponsorships and community investment may include financial and/or in-kind support.
In taking up sponsorship and donations organisations will seek to support community activities, improve social wellbeing of disadvantaged groups and advance charitable objects. Donations will be considered if the programs, activities or event directly involves Banjima individuals or communities.
The following areas in which will be considered in providing support are;
- Youth and education
- Health and wellbeing
- Arts and culture
For the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
|Donations (community Event)||$10,000|
To be eligible to access sponsorship on behalf of an organisation/activity or event, an applicant must meet beneficiary criteria as follows:
- A registered Banjima beneficiary
- A registered Daisy beneficiary
- Birth Child registered under the above membership
- Additionally, organisations or individuals supported by Trust are required to have an outstanding reputation and share the values of the Banjima community.
- Donations will be considered if the programs, activities or event directly involves Banjima individuals or communities
- No allocations of funds can be transferred to another member
- As per clause 6.7 of the Trust Deed, The Trustee may not provide money or a money equivalent to individual beneficiaries.
How to apply
- Download and complete the BCT Sponsorships and Donations application form (available here).
- Provide supporting evidence, such as:
- Event notice or flyer
- Nomination form
- Project / event outline
- Written quotations
- Quote or tax invoice (includes the seller’s Australian business number (ABN), what is being requested, its cost (including GST, if any) and date of issue).
- Submit application by sending forms and evidence to Member Services by:
- You will be contacted by BNTAC with the outcome of your application.
- If you are not happy with the outcome, you can appeal a decision.