1.4 Banjima Sport and Recreation
Provides support for sporting recreation activities or events promoting team participation within a community. This assistance can provide opportunities for registered sports clubs to attend recognised sporting activities and events through purchases required to participate such as equipment, uniforms or registrations and related costs towards travel, accommodation expenses and meals.
Funds will be paid to sporting clubs or event organisers for participation in specific events. This distribution policy is not intended to provided support to individuals for ongoing club participation. It is for members to travel to and participate in community based sporting events that occur from time to time.
What is covered;
- Team related equipment and materials e.g. sporting equipment, uniform, shoes and boots
- Registration for events
For the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
|What||Beneficiary Allowance - sporting team/club|
|Interstate sporting events||$3,000|
|Western Australian sporting events||$2,500|
To be eligible for this assistance, an applicant must meet beneficiary criteria as follows:
A sporting team applying for assistance under this policy must have a minimum of three (3) beneficiaries in any combination of the following;
- A registered Banjima beneficiary
- A registered Daisy beneficiary
- Birth Child registered under the above membership.
- No allocations of funds can be transferred to another member
- As per clause 6.7 of the Trust Deed, the Trustee may not provide money or a money equivalent to individual beneficiaries. Payments will be made directly to the seller or service provider.
How to apply
- Download and complete the BCT Sports and Recreation application form (available here).
- Provide supporting evidence, such as:
- Quote or tax invoice (includes the seller’s Australian business number (ABN), what is being requested, its cost (including GST, if any) and date of issue).
- Submit application by sending forms and evidence to Member Services by:
- You will be contacted by BNTAC with the outcome of your application.
- If you are not happy with the outcome, you can appeal a decision.